Breeding EDGE is a three-day workshop designed to assist producers improve and refine their breeder herd management and genetic improvement plans using genetic and reproductive knowledge and technologies, to achieve desired production targets.
Attending this workshop will help you to:
- identify where the current breeder herd management program can be improved to reduce reproductive loss
- measure reproductive performance more accurately
- identify strategies and management to improve bull selection, retention, management and performance
- develop, or refine, a practical and achievable management plan for the breeding herd that will lead to higher productivity
- gain a thorough understanding of genetic improvement for both breeding cattle and turnoff cattle and develop breeding objectives to take your herd in a more profitable direction.
What you will learn
- current herd performance – what measures matter most
- reproduction and reproduction loss
- managing the breeders – systems
- bull fertility and management
- identifying “not so obvious” bull faults that impact reproduction
- reproductive diseases and diseases impacting reproduction
- breeder herd management plans
- genetic improvement of your herd (including breeding objectives)
- genetic principles and selection tools
- selection and selection criteria for traits important to you
- breeds and breeding systems.
$1,950* + GST / 1st person from one business
$1,650 + GST / 2nd and 3rd person from same business
Corporate rate + GST/5 or more participants from the one business
*Subsidies are available for landholders in Reef Catchments’ management zone. Contact Gillian Barbat from Reef Catchments on E: firstname.lastname@example.org or M: 0488 730 021 to enquire if you are eligible.
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes, Workbook, electronic files, other materials and catering.
- Felicity Hamlyn-Hill – Beef Enterprise Advisory Services Pty Ltd
- Mick Sullivan – QLD Dept. Agriculture & Fisheries
- ACV & BULLCHECK accredited vet
Register now for Breeding EDGE Katherine!
Places are limited. Register via:
M: 0428 113 732