• understand what conditions drive pasture growth and how you can use strategic grazing management to improve pasture productivity
• evaluate the productive potential of a property and identify opportunities for improvement
• better align herd management with seasonal changes in pasture condition
• build a seasonal climate profile for your location
• understand key considerations when designing paddock and property layout.
• environmental regulators of pasture growth and quality
• local seasonal pasture growth patterns and key decision dates
• how soil properties influence pasture growth
• how grazing affects pasture plants, their productivity and growth
• how to assess land condition and how this impacts on carrying capacity
• when and how to use pasture spelling
• principles behind successful grazing systems
• how to account for different classes of animals when assessing grazing pressure
• what’s involved with forage budgeting and calculating carrying capacity.
$140.25 inc GST per person with subsidy* (usually $935pp inc GST)
15 subsidised places available so get in fast!
Cost includes comprehensive set of Workshop Notes and Workbook as well as lunch, morning/afternoon tea.
To register your interest or have your questions answered, contact: