Using climate forecasting tools to support on-farm decision-making.
- Increase your preparedness for dealing with extreme weather events, using new forecasting tools.
- Protect your business, crops and family with more confident decision-making and action using farm business resilience planning.
- Improve your understanding of how to interpret forecasts and probability and use them for decision-making.
- Make strategic decisions using My Climate View with tailored insights into your changing climate.
- Get a hands-on understanding of climate tools, farm business resilience planning resources and funding support available.
This workshop is being delivered by Growcom, in collaboration with the TNQ Drought Hub and Gulf Savannah NRM.
MEET YOUR PRESENTERS:
Program Manager, Drought and Climate Adaptation Program
Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries
Stakeholder Engagement, Climate Services for Agriculture
Bureau of Meteorology
Rural Financial Counsellor
Rural Financial Counselling Service North Queensland
Regional Area Manager
Forewarned is Forearmed resources were funded from the Australian Government Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry as part of its Rural R&D for Profit program and developed in conjunction with the Southern NSW Drought Resilience Adoption and Innovation Hub as part of the Drought Resilience Adoption and Innovation Hubs Program, which received funding from the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund. Farm Business Resilience Program is jointly funded through the Australian Government’s Future Drought Fund and the Queensland Government’s Drought and Climate Adaptation Program.